Sunday, May 23, 2010

Key Points for Asthma Patients

Key Points


  • Asthma is a chronic (long-term) lung disease that inflames and narrows the airways and makes them more reactive to certain substances breathed in. The exact cause of asthma isn't known.
  • Asthma affects people of all ages, but it most often starts in childhood. In the United States, more than 22 million people are known to have asthma. Nearly 6 million of these people are children.
  • Asthma causes recurring periods of wheezing (a whistling sound when you breathe), chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The coughing often occurs at night or early in the morning.
  • Sometimes symptoms are mild and go away on their own or after minimal treatment with an asthma medicine. Other times, the symptoms continue to get worse. When symptoms get more intense and/or additional symptoms appear, this is an asthma attack.
  • It's important to treat asthma symptoms when you first notice them. This will help prevent the symptoms from worsening and causing a severe attack. Severe asthma attacks may require emergency care, and they can cause death.
  • Your doctor will diagnose asthma based on your medical history, a physical exam, and results from tests. Asthma is difficult to diagnose in children younger than 5 years old.
  • There's no cure for asthma. Asthma is a long-term disease that requires long-term care. Successful asthma treatment requires you to take an active role in your care. Learn how to manage your asthma, get ongoing care, and watch for signs that your asthma is getting worse.
  • The goal of asthma treatment is to control the disease by following the asthma action plan you create with your doctor, taking asthma medicines as prescribed, learning what things make your asthma worse and taking steps to avoid exposure to them, tracking your level of asthma control, and responding quickly to worsening symptoms.
  • Asthma is treated with two types of medicines: long-term control medicines and quick-relief medicines. You use a device called an inhaler to take many of these medicines. This device allows the medicine to go right to your lungs.
  • The amounts and types of medicine you need to treat your asthma depend on how well controlled your asthma is when you're closely following your asthma action plan. This may change over time.
  • Always have the emergency number handy in case of chronic attack..
  • Track your asthma by recording your symptoms, using a peak flow meter, and getting regular asthma checkups. Let your doctor know if your asthma is getting worse.
  • Most people who have asthma are able to manage the disease. They have few, if any, symptoms and can live normal, active lives.

3 comments:

  1. Great points that will help the asthmatic patient to live the healthy life.
    Asthma and breathing issues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone! my name is Noah, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR AKHIGBE that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR AKHIGBE I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother 'I love my wife' Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or loves and family relationship.  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR AKHIGBE should contact him via E-mail: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via whatsapp +2348142454860  He also cure deadly diseases and virus with his natural herbal medicine herbs.  like
    HIV/AIDSHERPESASTHMAEPILEPSYNAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEASTROKEEXTERNAL INFECTIONCANCERDIABETESCHRONIC DISEASEHEPATITIS A&B AND OTHERS. his email again:  drrealakhigbe@gmail.comnumber : +2348142454860 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate  DR AKHIGBE,my name is LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE , Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day,  I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true  please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whats App his mobile number on +2348142454860  He can also cure these diseases like HIV and AIDS HERPES,DIABETICS,CANCER, HEPATITIS A&B,CHRONIC DISEASES, ASTHMA, HEART DISEASES, EXTERNAL INFECTION, EPILEPSY, STROKE, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, NAUSEA,VOMITING OR DIARRHEA LUPUS,ECZEMA,BACK PAIN,JOINT PAIN. .ETC .please email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or whats APP him  ..+2348142454860  he is a real good and honest man.  
    website...  https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete